About the blog:
My name is Carol McGill.
I wanted a place where I could take the cool creative things I discover and talk about them as much as I want. I started it in an exam year, when I needed a new creative outlet. I needed something satisfying and sustainable. That wasn’t my only reason for beginning, but this blog served that purpose very well. Once I finished my exams, however, I was more creatively fulfilled and didn’t need it anymore. I will not be posting on here for the foreseeable future, but I’ll keep my list of much-loved books and publications up to date.
This has not been an author blog, exactly. More of an ooh-there’s-a-thing-that-is-lovely or argh-I want-to-talk-about-this blog. Things you can expect to find here include:
- Natter about books
- …and other writer-y things
- Descriptions of places (cities, cafés, shops…) I’ve visited and liked
- Descriptions of cool things I’ve found online, e.g. short films/web series, websites, online magazines, etc. So if you’re bored you can have a flick through and find something to look at.
That’s most of it. 🙂
Me: I live in Dublin, the capital of Ireland, where I spend most of my time waiting at bus stops.
Writing: I’ve always loved writing. I’ve been lucky enough to have a few little bits and pieces published (which you can see listed here).
Some books I loved (because I couldn’t list them all and I haven’t even mentioned any from when I was a bit younger):
- Becky Albertalli, Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda
- Robyn Schneider, Extraordinary Means
- Holly Bourne, Am I Normal Yet?
- Louise O’Neill, Only Ever Yours
- Leslye Walton, The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender
- Holly Black, The Coldest Girl in Coldtown
- Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice
- Alice Sebold, The Lovely Bones
- Cornelia Funke, Reckless
- John Steinbeck, Of Mice and Men
- David Nichols, One Day
- Gail Carson Levine, Ella Enchanted
Very pleased to meet you. 🙂